Sixteen academics have been nominated as an Academic Fellow of the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI). The award is intended to confer a mark of distinction which recognises those academics who have contributed to the study and teaching of management consultancy.
The FICMCIs are:
- Flemming Pulfelt from Denmark, Professor of Management and Strategy and Vice Dean at Copenhagen Business School.
- Virachai Vannukul CMC® from Thailand, Lecturer - Presidential and Key Executive MBA Program at Pepperdine University, California, USA.
- Gottfried Haber from Austria, Professor and Director - Centre for Health Care Management/Health Sciences at Danube University Krems.
- Alfred Janes CMC® from Austria, Business Professor at Vienna University of Economics.
- Peter Heintel from Austria, Member of the Doctoral Advisory Intervention Research at Intervention Research Institute - Klagenfurt and Vienna.
- Kathy O’Reilly from Ireland, Program Director of the M.Sc. in Management Consultancy Programme at UCD Smurfit Business School.
- Tim Clark from the United Kingdom, Professor of Organizational Behaviour and Dean of Postgraduate and Undergraduate Education at Durham Business School.
- Andrew Sturdy from the United Kingdom, Head of Department of Management and Chair in Management at the University of Bristol.
- Daniel Muzio from the United Kingdom, Professor of Organization and Leadership at Manchester Business School.
- Léon de Caluwé from the Netherlands, Professor and CMC at VU University Amsterdam and a senior partner at Twynstra Gudde.
- Yvonne Burger from the Netherlands, Part time Professor at VU University Amsterdam.
- Fawwaz Elkarmi CMC® from Jordan, an Associate Professor at the Faculty of Engineering at Amman University.
- Greg Richards FCMC® from Canada, Professor at the University of Ottawa.
- Mike Thompson FCMC® from Canada, Associate Professor at Royal Roads University, Victoria.
- Ron Babin CMC® from Canada, Assistant Professor at Ryerson University, Toronto
- Andreas Werr from Sweden, Professor at Stockholm School of Economics.
The recognized Academic Fellows have been successful in combining an academic career with practical contributions to the development of management consulting, at both national and international levels. Management consulting is a rapidly developing profession, with increasing cross-border dimensions.
At a national level, the Institutes of Management Consulting (IMCs) oversee and promote the professional standards and code of conduct for managemetn consultancy, and provide services to individual consultants, in particular the training and assessment for certification as a Certified Management Consultant (CMC); the global professional standard.
At the global level, the ICMCI’s goal is to elevate the standards of management consultants worldwide, and to provide the international community with the confidence that these standards, combined with the certification process of its member institutes, ensure that CMCs serve their clients with world-class competency and professionalism.
The second goal of the ICMCI is to support the creation and development of national professional institutes throughout the world, as well as encourage information sharing, networking and reciprocity between institutes adhering to the ICMCI international standards and code of conduct.
The IMC and the ICMCI together have selected and appointed sixteen academics as an ICMCI Academic Fellow - they will be actively involved in creating an increasingly strong and productive linkage between academia and management consulting practice.
They will use the ICMCI as a platform and community for sharing knowledge and ideas for the benefit of both the clients of the practising consultants and the Academic Fellow’s students.
For more information: Reema Nasser (executive director ICMCI): firstname.lastname@example.org