The benefits of becoming an Accredited Consulting Practice are that it can declare to its marketplace that:
- The professional standards and ethics of the practice in combination with the recruitment, training, development, supervision, review and quality assurance processes for their management consultants, meet internationally recognised standards in management consultancy.
- These professional standards and processes are regularly audited, reviewed and accredited through the national institute responsible for maintaining standards in management consultancy.
- Its consultants either are CMC, or are working towards that qualification.
- It offers its consultants a career plan and continuing professional development in cooperation with the professional institute.
- They should become a more attractive employer as a result of this and therefore be better able to attract and retain talent.
The benefits to individual consultants within an Accredited Consulting Practice are:
- They can plan self-development and self-assessment of personal professionalism and ethics against international standards.
- They will be actively encouraged to seek the CMC qualification with all its attendant benefits.
- The process of achieving the CMC qualification can be more easily accommodated within their daily work.
The benefits to national institutes of the ACP scheme are:
- It supports their mission to maintain and raise standards of competence and professionalism in the practice of management consultancy.
- It provides a basis for a wider relationship with larger practices, engaging them in the activities of the institute.
- It provides the opportunity to increase membership among consultants who work for larger practices.