ICMCI Academic Fellows Committee
Committee Chair – Mike Thompson FICB, FCMC, Associate Professor, Royal Roads University
We have recently approved the nominations of seven new Academic Fellows who are now included in our community-wide updates:
- Dr. Meral Toprak - Istanbul Kültür University - Turkey
- Angelo Kehayas - South African College of Applied Psychology – Johannesburg, SA
- Steen Hildebrandt - University of Copenhagen - Denmark
- Asylbek Kozhakhmetov - Almaty Management University - Kazakhstan
- Geraldine Lavin - Dublin City University – Ireland
- Mero Laszlo Eötvös Loránd University Budapest - Hungary
- Noszkay Erzsebet - University of Applied Sciences - Budapest - Hungary
The ICMCI-AF community now numbers 34, with another call for nominations to be made early in the New Year. The full Directory of ICMCI-AF can be found here.
A call for papers for the 2016 International CMC Conference will be issued in the New Year.
ICMCI – AF’s are also being encouraged to contribute Articles to ICMCI’s bi-monthly newsletter, CMC Today.
In 2014, A survey of existing Academic Fellows was conducted regarding the number of Management Consulting courses, specializations, and degree programs existed in their own institutions.
For 2015 Committee Chair, Mike Thompson has commissioned a specific MBA project which is being undertaken by one of his students, Janelle Whitley, who will be addressing the two following issues:
- How to best leverage the linkage between academic institutes and the CMC designation with the goal of attracting new graduates.
- What opportunities exist to ICMCI in developing global alliances with academic institutes (and their faculty champions) which offer management consultancy courses or programs.
Over the next few months, Janelle will be contacting some of the ICMCI-AF’s to gain feedback on these questions.
On an ongoing basis, Academic Fellows are encouraged to share any publications or research topics that would benefit the community or be appropriate to post on the new ICMCI Website.